Would you like to work for a team that builds software products that analyze power, power integrity and reliability effects on the world’s most complex integrated circuits? This team have an exciting job opportunity for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join their team in Cape Town! You will improve their operations including software builds, testing, release, and installation. Does this job seem like the perfect challenge? Keep reading!
Your key job responsibilities as the Lead DevOps Engineer in Cape Town will include:
- Create and improve automation for builds, tests and software release generation
- Ensure that regular builds are running smoothly. Manage Servers and storage needed for build and QA. Perform initial investigation of test failures and work with R&D to assign issues
- Investigate and implement ways to improve the configuration management processes and repository design
- Continuously improve the central builds and test runs, including turnaround time, resource usage, reliability and other metrics
- Manage code branches for each product family. Create customer release images and make these available in a central location
- Design and implement solutions to improve product quality
- Provide technical leadership on complex projects involving multiple engineers.
- Evaluate multiple approaches to technical problems and be able to recommend one solution after considering limitations and challenges
- Work with team members to ensure that projects meet requirements on schedule.
- Ensure that automation is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand
- Help product teams migrate to common flows for builds, tests and other tasks
Requirements for this Lead DevOps Engineer job in Cape Town:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with seven years’ experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience with advanced configuration management systems, preferably Git.
- Knowledge of branching, merging, pull requests, multi-site development and other workflows
- Extensive experience with developing scripts for automating Linux/UNIX operations
- Experience in building, testing and releasing commercial software products
If you meet the above requirements for this Lead DevOps Engineer job in Cape Town, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist
If you wish to view additional Information Technology jobs in Cape Town, South Africa, please click through to our job section