We have an amazing career opportunity for a Head of Product & Software Engineering to join a leading PAN-African sports betting platform in Cape Town. You will build and manage world class engineering and refine and execute against the product roadmap. If you have a strong technical background with 5+ years of experience in engineering leadership, this job is perfect for you!
Your key job responsibilities as the Head of Product & Software Engineering in Cape Town will include:
- Build and manage a world class engineering
- Refine and execute against the product roadmap, deciding trade-offs between business priorities and technical needs
- Collaborate with the CTO and other stakeholders on technical strategy and supervise a team of stellar engineers
- Provide leadership to Application development teams and ensuring the team meets all service level agreements and team objectives
- Drive improvements around customer experiences by providing visionary leadership to the team regarding product
- Drive continuous improvements projects around change/release management to minimize customer impact due to changes. Do deep dive analysis around incidents and derive Root Cause Analysis that would result in driving incidents count down
- Understand and build the product roadmap and apply the thought process to build the Observability product for future
- Establish standards for the design, architecture and scalable disaster recovery plans across multiple services
Requirements for this Head of Product & Software Engineering job in Cape Town:
- Have a strong technical background with 5+ years of experience in engineering leadership
- Have served as the technical lead and defined a roadmap for complex projects with stringent SLA goal and 24×7 global delivery model
- Significant experience with application development organization working with global teams, driving high availability
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation mindset
- Strong Software Engineering background is required with a good understanding in multi-tier enterprise architecture
- Strong Understanding of Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Database, Middleware, Storage etc.
- Experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following:
- Event Monitoring, Time Series Analytics. Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the “big picture” enterprise-level view to the low level technical view.
- Strong familiarity with event monitoring frameworks
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and big data stack, containerization, dockers etc.
- Experience working with K8s, Openshift and Cloud (GCP)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer management etc.
- Experience leading projects from development through implementation
If you meet the above requirements for thisHead of Product & Software Engineering job in Cape Town, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV through to email@example.com. If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.
If you wish to view additional Gaming, Betting, & Gambling jobs, please click through to our job section.