A large retailer has an exciting job opportunity for a Digital Designer to join their team in Cape Town. You will be responsible all conceptualising, designing and developing high-quality digital media artwork solutions for marketing needs. If you’re looking for a challenging opportunity where you can grow, this job is perfect for you!
Your key job responsibilities as the Digital Designer in Cape Town will include:
- Create, develop, and execute quality designs for marketing vehicles including circular, catalogs, collateral, brochures, direct mail, newspaper ads, magazine ads, in-store signs, emails, presentations, packaging, internal campaigns, and internal ad hoc requests
- Maintain knowledge of current copy standards and formats to consistently and effectively convey the company’s image and positioning within the marketplace
- Ensure assignments adhere to the approved brand and messaging guidelines to maintain our corporate identity
- Communicate regularly with project management team to ensure assignments are completed on time
- Attend meetings facilitated by business area or project initiator to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project
- Present assignments to business area managers/leaders and peers as needed
Requirements for this Digital Designer job in Cape Town:
- Relevant design qualification and at least 3 years of experience designing marketing material for a variety of media
- Experience with Retail highly advantageous
- Experience with graphic design
- Knowledge of printing processes, illustration, and retouching
- Experience creating ad campaign concepts for various media
- Knowledge of consumer, industry and competitive trends
- Knowledge of industry design styles, standards and formats
- Experience building communications pieces (including typography, setting colour, editing images and preparing files for release to a printer)
- Advanced level skill with Photoshop (including working with gradients, working with perspective, adding artistic filters, working with shapes, filtering, removing a background, using photo merge, and managing colour)
- Experience with InDesign and Illustrator
If you meet the above requirements for this Digital Designer job in Cape Town, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV through to email@example.com. If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.
If you wish to view additional Marketing and Communications jobs in Cape Town, South Africa, please click through to our job section.