Are you keen on joining a team of multi-talented professionals with a wealth of experience in the industry and just the right blend of passion and drive for creating quality online games? Then you’re reading the right job post! An independent game development studio have an exciting job opportunity for a Software Development Team Lead to join their highly dynamic and passionate team in Durban. You will working with a highly collaborative team, crossing disciplines and structures where needed to get things done.
Your key job responsibilities as the Software Development Team Lead in Durban will include:
- Team Leadership: Monitor and manage the team’s performance on an ongoing basis. Lead the team towards meeting goals against the agreed upon roadmap. Drive a PDP (Personal Development Plan) for each team member, and ensure the team is appropriately resourced. Provide opportunities for coaching and/or mentoring for team members. Effectively onboard new starts in the business area and team. Facilitate change management within the team
- Stakeholder Focus: Build and manage strong relationships with various stakeholders to understand the stakeholders’ objectives to meet department goals. Ensure that all escalated issues are handled effectively within the agreed SLA’s
- Strategy: Work towards achieving the business strategy by identifying and resolving risks, as well as creating and executing product, technical and operation strategies that align to the business strategy
- Operational Management: Facilitate continuous product and delivery performance improvements by ensuring processes and procedures are followed, and regularly reviewed to identify opportunities/risks
- Product Ownership: Owns product(s), ensures product relevance and focus on quality delivery
Requirements for this Software Development Team Lead job in Durban:
- Qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of development techniques, principles, and design principles
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC
- Strong leadership ability
- High technical aptitude
- Proven product/project delivery experience
- Solid agile understanding and experience
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team and stakeholders
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with this team!
If you meet the above requirements for this Software Development Team Lead job in Durban, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.
If you wish to view additional Gaming, Betting, & Gambling jobs, please click through to our job section.