We have an amazing career opportunity for a Head of IT to join a global entertainment company at their offices in Sandton. You will be responsible for managing the use and application of data and technology to optimise their online operating systems and platforms. If you have extensive experience in a similar role, and are looking for an exciting new challenge, then this job in Johannesburg could be perfect for you!
Your key job responsibilities as the Head of IT in Johannesburg will include:
- Establish the technical support strategy and framework to plan, develop and execute on systems and platforms
- Understand the IT, technology and business strategies and develop the 12 month technology support roadmap and objectives including platform, application, configuration and capacity management plans to support the operations
- Oversee the development, planning, delivery and modifications of solution components and evaluate and support changes and improvements to all technology systems and platforms
- Integrate business continuity and security programmes into network and application architecture solutions throughout IT systems and platforms to mitigate any identified risks and meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Manage the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) for online sports betting, including the daily monitoring of the functionality and performance of relevant web channels and servers are operating correctly
- Be available as a subject matter expert in IT technical support and management, and oversee the resolution of any system challenges and issues experienced; as well as optimisation of system and platform performance
Requirements for this Head of IT job in Johannesburg:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the sportsbetting industry, including 3 years’ experience in various web technologies as well as working with content management systems (CMS); and creating online data models
- 3 years BI experience including technical exposure (SQL and Data Warehouse design/ Architecture) and Data Analysis
- Sound knowledge and understanding of sports betting systems, business operations and processes
- Degree in IT and / or statistics
- Certification in SQL Database and Reporting
If you meet the above requirements for this Head of IT job in Johannesburg, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org today! If you do not receive an feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.
If you wish to view additional Information Technology jobs, please click through to our job section.