A leading dev house are on the hunt for a Data Support Services Engineer (SQL DBA) to join their team in Cape Town. You will be responsible for managing and supporting their Database architecture, as well as optimising databases performance across functional teams internally and in production. If you’re excited by the prospect of managing and optimising or even re-designing their company’s database architecture to support their next generation of products and database initiatives, this job could be perfect for you!
Your key job responsibilities as the Data Support Services Engineer (SQL DBA) in Cape Town will include:
- Maintain the performance of Internal and Production Database servers within company SLA
- Diagnose and troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, with an emphasis on effective communication, Route cause identification and solution tracking
- Routine performance tuning of database systems
- Set and help maintain database standards
- Manage database access and assist with developing processes for optimising database security
- Ensure all Database backup strategy meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Create automation for repeatable, mundane Database tasks
- Build, Configure, and Manage new Database Instances, including version Upgrades
- Create and manage Database Projects, Reports and Documentation, visualisations, and dashboards when required
- Review, recommend, and POC, with the chance of implementing emerging Database technologies
- Scheduled Operational support (Hotseat), including after hours on-call support as required
Requirements for this Data Support Services Engineer (SQL DBA) job in Cape Town:
- 5+ years of experience in a DBA Engineer role, with advanced working knowledge of SQL Server and its methodologies
- Computer Science degree and or MCSA/MCSE (SQL) accreditation
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Build processes supporting SQL Server Environments, there dependencies and workload management
- A successful track record of Supporting and Managing SQL Server, including HA
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong technical project management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of Cloud computing/solutions
If you meet the above requirements for this Data Support Services Engineer (SQL DBA) job in Cape Town, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV through to email@example.com. If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.
If you wish to view additional Information Technology jobs, please click through to our job section.