We have a great job opportunity for a Corporate Financial Controller to join a leading financial services group in Johannesburg. If you have 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, keep reading!
Your key job responsibilities as the Corporate Financial Controller in Johannesburg will include:
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting,
- Fixed Asset, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Treasury Accounting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and related reports
- Achieve budget objectives by monitoring expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions where necessary
- Prepare all reports required by the stakeholders of the company by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Prepare and publish accurate, timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting investigations and providing feedback where necessary; providing information to external auditors
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
Requirements for this Corporate Financial Controller job in Johannesburg:
- CA with Big 4 articles experience is preferred
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- People management experience is necessary
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements and reporting packages
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- SAP experience is advantageous
If you meet the above requirements for this Corporate Financial Controller job in Johannesburg, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV through to email@example.com. If you do not receive any feedback within 7 days of your application, please be advised that you were not successful in making the shortlist.
If you wish to view additional Accounting and Finance jobs in Johannesburg, South Africa, please click through to our job section.